I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, November 22, 2013

The Awareness of Blessings

Today I took a sick day. My friend who watches my youngest has had the flu all week. My oldest had the day off. Dad had a few things to do. I have 4 sick days in a year. This was my first used! I guess you can say I was blessed with the flu early this year on a weekend. And any time I had a cold I went into work but left early. That's just who I am. I am a hard worker for everyone else but for myself!

And because of that I slipped into a mini blue day. I had all these great ideas to do a few fun things with my boys and take full advantage of the day. We managed to have an easy morning watching Ethan play his video game while I drank my coffee, came upstairs and cleaned the living room and had snack foods for lunch. Then it was nap time for Jaden. And that was when my energy fully left me. I got very tired. So I thought I would try to read. That lasted a page. I was asleep until Steve came home for a break. Then I played that stupid Candy Crush game until 3pm. I was restless. Mad at myself for wasting a good day. For not going for a walk or even just going out to play. For not bringing out the paint supplies or baking with the boys. The only thing I managed to do was put a train track together and gather up all those damn Mega Blocks that have rarely been played with to give away. Steve reminding me that there once was a time where everything was closed so everyone could have a day. My cousin called my day a mental health day! 

When I get this way I often find myself in a comparing mind set. Where I look at others on Facebook and wonder why the hell is that not me? Why haven't I created that life? Why this and why that. Then I came across a powerful post on Huffington Post about poor peoples way of thinking. And it got me thinking about the woman I have seen in the Woman's Center while volunteering. And that even if today was a boring ass day to where I got absolutely fuck all accomplished and even if I live in the "hood" and don't have the most wealthiest lifestyle..yet (it's on the truck)...... I AM BLESSED!

This is where I bring my awareness to my blessings. How much I have accomplished in life and everything I am creating now! 

That even if I am not where I thought I would be at 30, I am still young. I have so much to learn still. I'm still growing and changing and manifesting amazing things . Always! 

Today I am grateful for my husband! Our children. Our parents & families. Our friends. Our home, jobs & cars. Passion Parties & the band that allows us to enjoy the lifestyle we crave! I have nothing to complain about because tonight while I type this blog up on my iPhone while laying in bed in my heated house... Someone is sleeping outside. 

I had the luxury of taking the day off for my boys. And for that I am blessed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment