I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 10, 2012

The no where to be found Anywhere Switch!

A few years ago we went to Vancouver to visit my Aunt & Uncle and they had this in a bedroom! I thought it would be a fantastic idea for our Kitchen! My Kitchen's light switch is in the far back corner of our kitchen! I want our switch located where you walk into the kitchen like our dinning room switch! And of course with practically everything I take my sweet ass time looking into this! A few weeks ago I went into Home Depot to pick up this Anywhere Switch! It was quite entertaining trying to explain this in chick lingo when I really had no idea what I was looking for! I had an idea but didn't know it at the time what it was actually called! Well I found it before the associate had any clue what I was talking about!

I get it home and my Dad hooks it up! Annnnd no lights! Not being electricians and all we figure something came lose and will look into it soon! I went a week with no kitchen lights other then the one above my stove! I finally get an SMB band member over who is an actual electrician and he gets the lights working and then... POP! The remote doesn't work! He pulls it out and sees that the antenna end is bare and hit metal and blew it! Great! Ok I'll just run out and get another one and electrical tape! Pretty simple! So I thought! They didn't have one and of course there was NO ASSOCIATE around who knew what I was talking about or willing to help! So I head to Lowe's. Nothing! Today I find myself in the south end of the city and pop into another HD... Nothing. Call around to 3 other locations. Nothing... I can not find this thing anywhere.

I'm about ready to give up for the day! But I thought I would jump online and see what I can find! I couldn't possibly have purchased the last one in Calgary? Really? Online says there are Zero in stock anything in my surrounding areas! So I punch in my old Victoria Postal Code and VIOLA! There are 2 in Park Royal West Van and 4 in Victoria! I have my grandma getting me one in Victoria and trying to get my cousin who is on vacation to get the one in Park Royal!

It would be my luck for me to get the very last one in this city! It's such a cool item! I can not believe it would be discontinued! One associate said it was because customers were having so many issues with them! Ah yes the open ended antenna! Easy fix! ELECTRICAL TAPE! I also emailed the company and suggested they fix this defect and get HD to restock! So we will see how that goes! Now I get to wait for either my cousin or my grandma to put on in the mail for me!

This is just the beginning of my mini reno work around my house!

I want to change the lighting in my kitchen and dinning room! Reno my entire upstairs bathroom! Flooring throughout my entire house! New front door with screen door! Paint my bedroom and that should do it!

So if you are looking for a cool anywhere switch there are now 3 left in Victoria and maybe soon to be one in Park Royal! I'm thinking of avoiding HD for a very long time! Or until I need electrical tape! haha

1 comment:

  1. Nice start guys...I went through the website and I found that you made decent point here. Keep up the topic that everyone can choose one of the best. Thanks
    Electricians in Rochdale

    ReplyDelete