I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter!

For me Easter is about chocolate and the Easter bunny! I never really cared about making it into anything big. No big family dinners and I don't celebrate for any religious reasons.

This year is different! I am cooking a Ham for the first time. Well not really. I've made small ones before but I mean for a family gathering! And I've somewhat invited the family over! I still really didn't make a big deal about it! My conclusion to cooking a ham happened along the lines of this around Wednesday:

Me: Should we do anything for Easter dinner?
Steve: Sure, why not?
Me: Well do you want a ham or do you care?
Steve: Whatever...
Me: Ok, well do you want the whole meal deal? Scallop potatoes and such?
Steve: Sure, why not?
Me: Ok then that's what we will do! Ham dinner!

I even tried asking Steve if that sounded about right and we had another similar conversation that ended in laughing and him stating he's not going to admit not listening or put his foot in his mouth! 

So I sent my brother in law a text. Not actually sure if they are coming or not. I assumed both my parents would come but I guess I was too late with my dad. He's going to his brothers. Fine... Whatever! LOL And my cousin assumed I was making something and said they'd be over with her girls! Well to me that was a given! Feast or not, the kids need to be together for Easter fun! I'm sure we would have figured out the whole dinner thing eventually!

So after somewhat planning this I sat down being very thankful for my family! No it's not the. Sigh I'm really not to sure how to put my family in words. We don't do family reunions on my mom's side. I'm not close with my dad's side and that's that! We all sort of do our own thing! I want to change that. I have always had this vision of my house being "THE" house! The place everyone migrates too! The open door for my boys friends, family dinners and gathering and all! The perfect sitcom or evening drama type life! You know what I'm talking about! Actually "Brothers & Sisters" is what I kind of dreamed for! Drama and all! It's the big family gatherings that I long for! And since buying a house with the space to do it I'm working on creating it! And now that my family is slowing migrating to YYC... It's starting to happen! I can't wait to eventually buy a house with an actual dinning room! Don't worry Steve... That's on my 10 year plan list! Love you!

I am very thankful!

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you have a family crazed, chocolate wasted, ham or turkey filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment