I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 21, 2011

What ever happened to "Til Death Do Us Part"?

Did you know that every 10 seconds someone in this world is getting a divorce? Really?

Lately that's all you are hearing about on TV. There was the big ass Kardashien divorce and now Ashton & Demi. My first thought is who cares but then I wonder why? Why can they not make it work or why the hell did they marry in the first place? Was it love, money or publicity? Why is the divorce rate so high? Why are people giving up so easily?

I'm sure like most woman I remember fantasising about what kind of man I was going to marry. Where and when my wedding would be. What my life would look like after the fact. How many kids we would have and so on.

The truth. It's nothing like I imagined.

Marriage is HARD!

Think about it. Living with anyone, relationship or not is not easy at all. And then you have to create a joint life together! You have to manage to balance your time wisely and learn how not to set of ticking time bombs of bickering. The things you used to love becomes the things you hate and nothing is ever enough.

But then there's the love and the friendship. There's that one person you call first when things go wrong. Unless you want to bitch about your significant other then you call your BFF!

Of course there are certain situations that are a great cause for divorce! But when it's a normal relationship hitting a rough patch then divorce is (in my opinion) an chicken shits way out!

When you think about a relationship going wrong you can not just look at the other party and point your finger! It takes two to make things work!

If your significant other cheats on you then you have to question why? About 70% of men and woman have affairs! Obviously there was a communication breakdown between you two. Often it's because emotional needs are not being met. You would think it was sexual but it often isn't the case.

When I look at my own marriage I often think WTF. I don't often feel like I'm being heard or my needs are not being met so I shut down. Then I get mad. Then I have my monthly meltdown. I tend to bottle things up until I explode! Now you would think he would clue in but no. He hasn't yet! (He's going to read this and hate me for it LOL but maybe he'll get it! I love you) But that does not make me want to go out and find something else. The so called ideal "Hall Pass" does not appeal to me at all. Because even if my marriage was ever to end the same issues in this relationship would probably be the same in the next! How do I know this. I have been told and heard from people who have been married more then once say so.

 "If I would have know the problems would be the same in my second marriage I would have just stayed with the first" Unknown

You have to look inside yourself! You can not be happy in a relationship if you are not happy with yourself! If you are not happy with one then what makes you think the other will be any different?
And then once kids are involved the dynamic of it all changes and makes it even harder!

But at the end of the day I hope it's worth it! The choices, the feelings, the time!

If your relationship is not where you would like it to be I suggest you go out for dinner and talk! Your relationship is important! Know and understand the others expectations, needs and wants and always make time for each other! AND NEVER GO TO BED ANGRY!

And if your bedroom life needs a little spicing up I can help you there too! ;) www.majesticpassion.com *Shameless Advertising*

Now go on your date and let's bring that divorce rate down!





2 comments:

  1. I love this! Very honest. I feel like the moment I say the words "You should" in any fight with my boyfriend, I already know I am in the wrong. Gotta look inward first. Can only make change from within. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Lindsey! It's funny how that happens hey! "They should" still nonetheless LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete