I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Dreaded Season of Sickness

It's that time of year again! Kids are back in school. Weather is changing and .... the dreaded Cold and Flu season is upon us!

I get 4 sick days a year. 4! That's it! Are you kidding me? I have kids! 4 is just not enough. BUT because of who I am I manage to save them for the end of the year! I will come to work sick in order to be sent home so I don't have to use them through out the year! I'm also blessed that if I do get sick it usually happens around my weekends. If you can call that a blessing! ha! sigh.

My boss and I were just talking about people who are consistently late for work or call in sick all the time and how we both don't understand how they can be like that. I felt guilty saying I couldn't make it to work when Calgary was flooding! Seriously Erin? WTF. My boss says the same thing. There's that guilt the takes over when you all in. But I also know that if I call in sick my job will not get done so it's just hell going back.

I am very lucky that I can depend on my dad now to help. Both my kids were recently sick. I would have needed 8 or more sick days to care for them these past few weeks. Steve and I take half days to care for the boys if we can't depend on my dad. Thankfully we are able to do that!

Then of course because your family is sick what happens? You get it because you are not sleeping and constantly being used as a snot rag. Ugh.

Over the years I have Googled natural remedies for colds and whatnot. Sore throat - Gargle cayenne pepper. Add honey to your coffee and brew it with cinnamon. Try taking Oil of Oregano for a while. Colloidal Silver spray can help keep it at bay. Peppermint, spicy foods, soups, water, water and more water. Ginger tea. and last seeing your chiropractor. Which recently I haven't done because A. he moved and B. I spent what little spending money I have on the above remedies saving my health spending for dental and eye exams!

So every morning and every night I sit and list my blessings. I say thanks for our health even when I feel like a sac of shit! I'm trying to lie to myself! I FEEL FANTASTIC! Yeah not really.

We are Lysoling (New Word of the Season) our entire house. I'm dreaming up a sanitizing kids spray system schools can install in the doorways so ass they walk threw all their kid germs will not be brought home! I know some germs are good but they just don't wash their hands long enough.

I wonder if that onion story is true? Should I put unpeeled onions around my house?

What are you doing to avoid this dreaded season?

Picture from Google! I love Google

No comments:

Post a Comment