I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to our New Adventure

Today is my little red heads first day back to school after his staggered start in August and then two weeks off for vacation!

My family drove to Vancouver for two weeks! Was that ever nice! We also headed over the Sooke on the Island for my best friends wedding and spent two days at my grandparents house on the ocean in Sidney! That place is heaven for me! Their deck in the image I imagine when I'm having a bad day! Beautiful deck with a large arbutus tree looking over the ocean and Salt Spring Island with a very nice hot tub! What more could you ask for when you want a break from life? And to top of this wonderful atmosphere... a nice glass of red wine! I haven't had a drink in over a year until now! After my first son I have allergic reactions to liquor and my face gets all red and puffy! But my Papa opened a bottle of this Spanish wine that did not do that! Could have been the 5 glasses of water I drank to my one glass of wine to not effect my baby too much! LOL

However there is a downside to this paradise.... they have animals. My wonderful cat that has now turned into Garfield and two cute little dogs! My husband is deathly allergic to animals! And no it's not as easy as to take some pill to make a stuffy nose or itchy eyes to go away. It gives him asthma. And bad! He can't spend any longer then an hour in any presence of animals before having to use his inhaler. Which then causes him to not sleep due to spasms and then the possibility of canker sores! Hell! And of course those wonderful "hypo-allergenic" still cause the same symptoms. Here's a wonderful lesson for those who don't know. There is NO such thing as a Magic Dog! When your allergy is so extreme nothing makes it better!

We also camped! That too was interesting with hubby! When we drove out to Sooke for the wedding we camped in a nice rustic cabin. It had electricity and benches for beds! My grandparents gave us pillows, mats and sleeping bags! I loved it! Hubby not so much!

Vancouver was great! We stayed with my aunt and uncle and that is always great! Red LOVES my uncle. He's "Uncle-Man"! They also have their own new club! The backwards club! LOL I truly wish they were closer! I'm so thankful they are in our lives! We took Red to see the Aquarium, the beach and Stanley Park. We also went to the Night Street Market! We did a lot of relaxing as well.

I'm hoping to be able to drive back there with just the boys in March before I go back to work.

So today is back to reality. I was up at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep. Stress and excitement keeps me awake. Usually I'm up for about an hour after early morning feeds but could sleep in. I'm sure I'll be taking a nap today! Red's day at school should be interesting after not wanting to go to bed. That's my fault for letting him stay up late and sleep in on our vacation. This next few weeks will be fun training not only him but hubby as well. I said I was going to buy a Vacuum for Xmas and nothing else but I might add a PVR to that so hubby can record shows and we can turn the damn TV off from dinner to bedtime! Thankfully I can turn to Passion Parties to help with those expenses!

Here's to our new adventure with school! I can't believe my baby is in school and I have a new baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment