I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, September 16, 2011

My Cloth Diaper Reality!

This is where my husband likes to call me a "Tree Hugging Hippy". Along with the fact that I like to recycle, use a Baltic Amber Teething Necklace for our baby, and use other all natural remedies. But really that's about it. So I don't see myself as a hippy rather a Mom trying to do her best for not only her children but the planet as well! Oh and I used to have a 1971 VW Bug! LOL (RIP Pearl)



Over the past 5 years I have changed a lot! I would like to believe that not only have I grown as a person but as a mother as well! My children do come first. If I go out I spend 95% of my money on them. I hardly ever do anything major for me! The biggest thing I've done is joined Passion Parties to help make a little more money and get me the hell out of the house! When my first was around 7 or 8 months old... if that. Gawd I can't remember. Anyways my girlfriend and I sat down and purchased cloth diapers. I tried one kid and hated them so I really wasn't sure I'd like these ones. But they seamed to sell themselves. We purchased FuzziBunz and I love them. My husband however hates them.

Here is where my husband and I have completely different views on things. I would like to save us $427.20 a year on disposables (This assuming each diaper is around $0.15 and us 8 per day --- worst case). I do not mind changing cloth diapers nor to I mind washing them! I do 100% of the kids laundry and change our baby 99% of the time! So really his idea that they are dirty and disgusting doesn't really matter. It annoys me more then anything. My reality is I have no extra money in my budget for anything but my expenses. I can not buy food, clothes, diapers, toys, makeup, pads, toothpaste, wipes, shampoo, detergent... the list goes on. I depend on my husband to provide all funds for those needs. My only saving grace is any Passion money I have made that month. I only plan to work one party a month anyway so I can spend the majority of my time with my boys before having to go back to work full time. And that might give me $200! My team on a good month is close to $300 or more but our summer has been slow for some! Me! I have hit my goals and exceeded them! But that money can not be added to my budget! Truth if he no longer wants me to use them then he can go out and purchase all the diapers in the world for me to use! He just can't forget about garbage day on Wednesday or give me a hard time when I say we need food or other items! :)

This is the first time I've used diapers with a baby. It can be a bit messy and the stains. I need to figure out if I can use this Shaklee stuff I have. But other then that it's not a big deal!

I am proud to be a "Tree Hugging Hippy" and will continue to do what I can to make our world a better place!


No comments:

Post a Comment