I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 12, 2012

A New Way of Thinking

Last Thursday my 5 year old son started complaining about his stomach hurting. Usually when he says that he has to go to the bathroom. This time however he couldn't go. So I decide to try some natural remedies - Prune Juice and increase his fruit intake. I get home Friday night from my party and Steve and my mom inform me that he was in more pain that night. So I call the health link and they tell me to keep doing what I'm doing and could got pick up a glycerine suppository or try a warm bath but if he's not better come Sunday then I should look into taking him in to see a Doctor.

I'm really not a big fan of doctors. The world is so attached to a quick fix or taking a pill or drugs to make them "feel" better instead of actually caring for their body. Proper diet, exercise and going to see a good Chiropractor is really all we need for proper maintenance! Making sure everything is in alignment will help restore the functions of your body! It wasn't until I was pregnant with my second child that I started to learn about the magic of a Chiropractor and the importances of it! I no longer take drugs to help cure a cold or flu symptom, couldn't while pregnant anyway. If I can't sleep or have a head ache I drink warm milk with brown sugar and vanilla. But after going regularly I sleep better and a head ache is usually because of lack of water! If I feel a cold coming on I gargle cayenne pepper and call to be squeezed in for a quick adjustment before it gets really bad!

Here is something that really irritates me. People that are always complaining that they are sick. And 90% of them are smokers, don't eat all that healthy and don't always exercise. Their body is trying to tell them something and they are not listening! They make excuses! The biggest one being addiction! It's stupid! My second irritation is they complain about having no money! They can spend over $50 per week give or take on cigarettes but God forbid they quit smoking and spend $40 a week on an adjustment! A cigarette is just as bad, if not worse than eating at McDonald's everyday having a big mac! Think about it! Your body is your temple! It's what keeps you on this planet. In this dimension. You don't want to live each day like it's your last. No, you want to take care of yourself so you can see tomorrow! Anyway I digress.

Today I was very proud Ethan asked to go see Dr. Paul . At first he said he didn't want to get his neck adjusted because it hurt. But then he said. And I quote "Wait a minute. I'm 5 now. It doesn't hurt any more!". So I picked up the phone and got us both in 15 minutes later! I was a bit upset with myself for not thinking about it myself! Last night was a sleepless night for me between the neighbours music, time change and Jaden's stuffy, teething nose and when Ethan came in to my room crying at 5am I started to worry a bit. I let him sleep in and posted I was going to take him to the Children's Hospital but on the other end I still didn't think it was really serious enough. I was just going with what the nurse said on the phone. Once Ethan was up I made him breakfast and he ate everything just fine. I wasn't in really any rush to go to emergency really. I talked to my grandmother and decided maybe my family doctor or a walk-in would be best until Ethan asked about Dr. Paul!

Dr. Paul showed me where the nerves connect for the digestive system and how I can see where he's out of line. It's pretty cool actually. I also knew that he would be able to tell if it was serious enough to head to the emergency! Ethan did great! Laughed after he got adjusted! Normally he freaks out! I got myself adjusted and booked us in next week! He still said his stomach was aching but I told him he's good enough for school and will be better soon now that we were adjusted!

I want to teach my children to embrace this new way of thinking! I love that Ethan doesn't like taking any medicine. My Papa told me I used to ask for a "Pill" when I was feeling a little under the weather. That just makes my own stomach turn thinking about how I used to be. I want my boys to be as healthy and they can be and embrace it! I also want to teach them that sometimes our bodies hurt but it's not a reason to stop doing things that need to be done! Life goes on and we will be going on with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment