I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, March 25, 2012

I am only human

I guess it was bound to happen.

Me getting sick.

I can't put it off forever!

I put myself in a position to lower my immune system and BAM! Knocked me right on my ass! It started off with a very harsh cough. That lead to not having a voice! Nothing was making it go away. I drank so much tea and ingested a crap load of honey! Even tried my normal go to remedy for a soar throat even though my throat didn't hurt ~ gargling cayenne pepper. Then came the fever. I was so cold and so tired. Of course I'm still breast feeding so I didn't want to take anything and really can't but I gave in and took some Children's Advil to take the pain away. My body and my head was throbbing from coughing so hard! It then manifesting into a head cold! Great! Just what I need. Sinus pressure! Beautiful!

I've been sick for 6 days! And all I can think about is how grateful I am that it's happening now while I'm still on Mat Leave! I haven't been this sick in a long time. I used to get sick all the time! I was prone to colds. I believe it's completely a frame of mind too! The stress I'm allowing into my mind regarding going back to work was a big portion of this happening! My thoughts become things as we all know!

This has been the strangest sickness I've ever had. I don't recall ever having a fever followed by a cold symptom? I don't really have an appetite either. I envy those who can take a tone of cold medicine and stay in bed for a few days and worry about themselves! I do need to give thanks to my husband for taking care of dinner and to my parents for helping with the boys and a few of the house choirs I couldn't get to as well!

Mothers should not be able to get sick! EVER! If my head wasn't still so foggy I'd try and come up with 10 funny reasons why. But I'm not too cleaver at the moment. I don't see myself the "funny" type! I married my husband for that! LOL He's the cleaver, funny one!

I hope no one else has to go through this thing I am finally getting over! It has not been fun! But again. I am only human! I can't be strong and positive every day! I'm allowed to fall too!

Now I'm picking myself back up and getting ready for a very busy April! And preparing for a new routine with work and family and passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment