I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

10 Tips to Stay Healthy this Winter

Winter has yet again shown her true colours! Minus 20 to minus 40, snow blowing weather not including the wind chill! And then the statuses start. "I'm getting sick" "I hate being sick" "I am not getting a cold" and so on!

Here is my personal opinion in staying healthy! And tips and tricks I've used for myself! You have to remember that everyone is different and you must not do anything half assed! Just saying!

Of course when my oldest started school this house got sick more then we ever had. Flu and colds! I had a 24 hour flu and a very very very minor cold when everyone around me got that three week deep cold! Yeah me!

10: EAT HEALTHY


I know we have all heard it before but is it ever true! Colds thrive on sugar! If you do not treat your body like a temple then it will not be strong enough to fight off these nasty warped bugs out there! Try and buy from your local farmers market! Do we really know what's in those pesticides? Why are more people over weight and sick? But I digress! Support your local farmers either way!

9: GO TO THE GYM


This ties into the healthy eating! Working out has multiple benefits such as reducing your risk of stroke and heart disease, weight, joint pain, high blood pressure and of course help balance your mood! When you are all around happier and feel healthy you will not be thinking negative thoughts that may bring on those pesky colds and flu symptoms! It all ties in!

8: QUIT SMOKING


Do I need to explain this one? No more excuses! Just do it!

7: DRINK MORE WATER


Drinking water will help cleanse your body! Your entire body will radiate! Your hair and skin will love you as well! You should take your current weight and divide it in half. That number will give you the amount of ounces you should be drinking in a day!

6: GET A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP


I don't know what this is at the moment but it's true! Let your mind and body rest and recuperate from the day before and you will feel great!  

5: WASH YOUR HANDS


Just like that commercial says. "Not all bugs need drugs"! And it's true! Wash your hands after you use the wash room, go out shopping, touch anything! AND try to avoid touching your face while you are out before washing your hands! This is a good habit to get into and pass along to your children!

And my personal tips to do if you feel a cold coming on!!!!

4: GARGLE CAYENNE PEPPER


In hot water the second you feel that pesky sore throat come on! I can't take cold meds. I'm still breastfeeding. I read this a long time ago so I thought I would try it out when our wonderful son brought home the worst cold of the season.  I did this every few hours until I didn't feel the sore throat trying to break through! Try it the next time you feel it! Let me know if it works for you!

3: VITAMIN C POWDER AND V8 FUSION OVERDOSE


The minute you start to feel the sniffles you go out and get those single servings of V8 Fusion and add 1/4 tsp or more to each bottle and drink! I find that they are cheaper at Shoppers but not all shoppers carries them! Or you can use any other juice I guess. I recommend the veggie/fruit mix!

2: BRUSH YOUR TEETH MORE THEN TWICE A DAY


After my cayenne gargle I find brushing and flossing those pesky germs out of my mouth helps me out a lot to keep that cold at bay!

1: SEE A CHIROPRACTOR 


When I was pregnant with my second son I had to start seeing a Chiropractor for a sciatic nerve problem. I couldn't walk 5 min without being in tears! 3 visits and it was gone! I continues to see my Chiropractor because I was finding that not only was I sleeping better, I felt better and wasn't getting sick! The week he took off at Christmas last year and me over doing the painting of the baby's room pushed me over the edge! But when he was back I got better fast! I was one of those people who were scared of them! The whole cracking of the neck thing. But I love it! The more research I do the more I understand how much they can benefit you in a healthy life style! And of course people say it's not a cure all. Yes I believe it is! But like the gym, you can't go once and expect a six pack! It has to become a part of your routine! And most benefit plans cover up to 12 visits!

"My vision is to create a safe, wholesome environment for drug free healing. The world is full of over medicated and sick people who need our help. True health comes from within and we tap into that potential with every adjustment. I know this for certain, any time you put synthetic chemicals into your body there will be a consequence that disrupts the natural order of your body's function." Dr. Paul McConnell


Image provided by google search

1 comment:

  1. This is a great list!! I'm totally guilty of the lack of sleep thing. I intentionally stay up late thinking I'll be "just fine" tomorrow, but the alarm goes off at 5:30 in the morning and I dread getting up!

    ReplyDelete