I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Any holiday that involves cooking a turkey just makes me glow! I'm the type of person that has always wanted my house to be THE house to go to! My mom is a great cook, my grandfather is a great cook! But growing up the TV "family" type of scenario was not always there. I'm an only child with divorced parents and there wasn't a lot of family in town.

Any ways I always dreamed that when I had a family I would make new traditions mixed with old ones I knew growing up and holidays would be at my house! I dream that my sons friend will want to hang out here and when my kids have kids they will come here!

So today I woke up and started cooking!
I cut the onion first and my son was a bit disturbed that I was sobbing at 9am LOL Try and explain that to an almost 5 year old! "Hunny, Onions make your eyes water! So it looks like I'm crying but I'm really not!" Should have taken a photo #facepalm

We have onions, celery and apples added to boxes of Stove Top Stuffing! I also use Epicure Apple and Sage spices with Salt and Pepper! Yes I use boxed stuffing mix! I may be ambitious but not that ambitious! lol

Turkey is stuffed and seasoned! I use Epicure Turkey seasoning, Salt and Pepper and a shit load of butter! Mmmmmmmmm butter!

My little helper! Dad and big brother went out to get me Starbucks! :D Or as Hubby calls it - "One over priced pretensions cup of coffee!" (by the way I drink Soy Chai! Not coffee! lol ) 

The start to the veggies and more stuffing! lol

 Looking Good! Both my cousin and the Turkey! ;)

My wonderful Husband finally contributing to the dinner! LOL My cousin giving the thumbs up to both a wonderful turkey and hubby actually carving! LOL She carved at Xmas last year LOL So was excited she didn't have to today! (Hmmm over used of LOL?!?)

Come and Get it! :) (Turkey being carved)


I learned to buy paper plates during Holiday! LOL 

Dishes 95% complete! Thanks Amanda! :)

And finally my first attempt to making soup! I'll let you know how that goes! 


 It was a great day all together! I have so much to be thankful for! My husband, my two boys, my home, my family and friends! And the ability to purchase and cook such a great meal! I could list so much more!

I was talking with my cousins tonight about how I tend to spend to much time dwelling on others. Wishing I was that pretty or that skinny or this and that! And why? Why do I not just look around and embrace what I have because the people I dream over are probably doing the same thing with me!  I was also asked to list three things I love about myself. I had to really think because my automatic thoughts are what I don't like! I came up with my eyes (lol), my ability to finally thing more positive (most of the time any ways) and the fact that I have never given in (my strength)! Of course my weight I something I'm not a fan of but the truth is I'm healthy! And I wouldn't fall apart if I didn't reach my 130lbs goal as long as I can look in the mirror and zip up those size 8 jeans! The last 13lbs is pure vanity! You are so right! It is! And I am damn ok with that! I am proud that I can see and know the difference! I want to be able to look in the mirror and love myself! But I'm thankful that I have the ability to even do that! I have a very good life! No I may not live in the best area of town, drive the fanciest car, have the greatest paying job (although I think I'm doing very well and know I will do better) but I'm happy! When it's all said and done I'm happy! Even when I go to bed pissed of at my husband LOL I love him and what we are creating!

I sure hope everyone had/have a great Thanksgiving (And for my US friends next month!) and really put any negative, annoying, petty, pointless issue(s) aside and take a hard long look at what you have accomplished and be thankful! Be proud! Enjoy!

My joy! My three loves! Thank you! 





No comments:

Post a Comment