I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, October 3, 2011

My Fun Little Project!

A while ago I came across Sunshine And Carousels Blog. I fell in LOVE!

While reading Erin's blog I seen these beautiful Sunflower Velvet covered Jars! And I thought I want to do that for Thanksgiving! All I need is most of the material and something to put them on! We didn't have place mats until now either!

So off I went to Walmart and Fabric Land! Now mind you my little trip to Walmart cost me $80 :S I intended to buy Sunflowers and Place Mats. I also bought a few jars of starter food for baby to find out what he may like instead of making an entire batch, Fruit, Socks and a few other misc things! Not good Erin! lol anyways I digress.

I found the perfect velvet material in Fabric Land and will be going back there to cover our crappy couches! And on the table it sat for a week.

Today I volunteered at my son's school for their field trip so I asked my mom to watch baby for me! When I got home her was still sleeping so I thought why not do this with my mom!

It was sure interesting! And fun! Now let me tell you! Do NOT follow Erin's instructions to cut and thread LOL Well you can if you want! I tried and it was horrible looking! So of course my mom made fun of me for trying the way the blog said to and was right! hahahaha

All we did was cut our a squarish (i'm not very good at cutting straight) piece. Put the jar in the middle and pulled it up and stuffed it inside and tied the string tight and put the flowers in!

SIMPLE! Mommy was right! :S

I now have a beautiful center piece made by my mom and I! And it was a wonderful project to do with my mom!

I can't wait for Thanksgiving! Turkey Turkey!

Following Blog

Looking ok...

Ummm this is not looking so good


my mom doing it the "Easy" folding it up way! 

Alright! I can deal with that! And it was way easier

Nice! 

And for my Martha Stuart moment! Our finished Project! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment