I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

How to Avoid an Accident...

If you know please tell me! Ha ha

Last night I got into my very first car accident. A very MINOR one. I slid through a light honking my horn an right into a lady who didn't realize that HONKING MEANS I CAN NOT STOP!
She complained a bit and I told her that this could have been so much worse. My insurance will pay for her damage! We are all OK and no one is hurt. We can all walk and talk! And it was her lucky day because I offered her Passion Products if she wished! I also told her to count her blessing and about Dave and his stroke! I hope I helped her put reality of the matter in perspective! I amused the insurance lady anyway!

I was pretty impressed with how easy it was to take care of the situation. I am also thankful that it was very minor, no one was hurt, my children were not with me and that I took out the car seats that night and have people with me that had been in accidents before! I feel like a complete idiot. I'm embarrassed I couldn't stop because I felt there could have been more I should have done. Turned left instead of right. Maybe I could have drove 20mph instead of 40. I don't know. I feel horrible. I have to sit myself down and remind myself that yet again, it all has it's reasons in which I may not understand but it happened. And now the only thing I can do is move on! All reports are filed. Her car will get fixed and my car. Well I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do. It's not a serious crack!


So I thought I would right a reminder to everyone on how to avoid being hit! In my case, even though I'm trying to think of one, there was really no way I could have avoided this. It was up to her to pay attention and not go right when the light turned green with the road conditions!

If the roads are poor here are some things to remember:

1. Slow down! We all, including me, need to start realizing the life is more important then being on time! 

2. Keep your distance between cars. Do you really need to be that close. On highways you should be at least 5 Mississippi's... That's right count with me. 1 Mississippi, 2... LOL Drivers Ed 101! 

3. When at a light count to 3 before entering the intersection! And make sure all traffic has come to a complete stop! The asshat behind you can honk and be pissed off all they want! You will be safe and accident free! 

4. Be patient with other drivers. Stop judging and refer to steps 1, 2 and 3! 

And last but not least

5. If you do by chance get into a minor accident where everyone is OK. Be thankful! Cars can be fixed. Money is meant to be spent! 

Drive safe everyone! Especially here in Calgary! 


No comments:

Post a Comment