I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 6, 2012

It's ALL Falling Apart!

My house that is...

I was so excited when I finally twisted Steve's arm to buy a place of our own! I was so sick and tired of living under people and it not really being "ours".

The down side... When it breaks it's not as easy as picking up the phone to get it fixed. Well it is but that costs money! And if you are like us who are not as handy, it costs more!

Here is my list of things that need to be fixed in our house! But so far isn't a major need to fix...

Flooring - Carpet gone and put lino in kitchen and bathroom. Redo our stairs as it's falling apart
Front Door - Need new with screen door and flipped around to open other direction
New Outlets - We have to bend the plugs so they don't just fall out! And if it's heavy you are SOL... Better get an extension cord
New Kitchen Tap - Or at least have someone else try and fix the damn thing because I failed!
Something to do with our piping and back water valve - $1500 we need to save for and look into in the summer. November was NOT a good month in 2011~
New Closet Doors
New Bathroom Door
Proper Back Splash in Kitchen
Wouldn't mind a Soaker Tub! ahhhhh :)
Don't get me started on the bad tiling in the bathroom downstairs
Fix the Hole in the wall I found behind the boards in Jaden's room... ugh
I don't really want to know how old our electrical wiring is...

The rest of my list is really just cosmetic really. New trimming around the house, repaint my bedroom and basement. New light fixtures in the kitchen, dining room and upstairs bedrooms.

In reality I really really really would love to be on a Home Makeover Show and just have them fix it all! But if that can't happen (I know Twitter will help me connect to someone ~ right...?) I'm starting to save! I'm going to put what I can away so I can just pick up the phone and say... Come do this, this and this and not lift a finger! Although as handy as I am, I don't want to do it myself! I will however help if I'm on TV!!!! :oD

I'm not ready to move either. I like where we are! I love the school Ethan goes to and how central we are for travelling around the city! 15 to 20 minutes away from almost everything! And in reality what more do we really need? We have 4 bed rooms and two bathrooms and two living rooms! My perfect house will have 5 bedrooms, an office, dinning room, big kitchen, walk-in closets and a double garage! But I don't NEED it right now! I am happy with my first home! I just want to make it better!

No comments:

Post a Comment