I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 4, 2011

Ummm did you just empty the dishwasher?

It's absolutely amazing how much emotion plays a roll in your daily life. When I first purchased train your brain I would listen to all 6 CD's when I was working but never fully listened OR actually made an effort to train my brain. So now that I'm on mat leave for a year I am at er again. This time I'm taking my time. Listening to each CD slowly. Not rushing through them. I've been listening to CD one for about two weeks now. So today I moved to CD 2. Tonight I will burn it so I can put it in my car. Anyways I digress... Today I was happy. ALL DAY. I'm not sure what it was that allowed me to feel this way. I didn't actually pay that much attention to my thoughts that I am aware of. I got up. Got the the kids fed and ready and headed out the door to run a few errands. While I was out I decided to pick up a few items for a couple of meals for the rest of the week! What a great idea!!!! The funny part was as I was leaving one location I wasn't moving fast enough for the person behind me and man was she pissed! She honked her horn about 5 times and even yelled at me out her window while we were at a stop light. That's right the light was RED!!! So even if I had cut someone off to turn right we both would have waited the same amount of time! But I assessed that the cars behind a few cars turning into the lot were moving faster then my liking for me to turn into the lane. I have two children in my car and I decided that I was not going to rush to my next location. So while she yelled I chuckled and thought about what her day must be going like and how the rest of her day would be like with her being so angry and in such a rush. And that there... Me not letting it get to me or reacting paved the way to a great afternoon and evening.

I arrived at home with everything I needed to make my two meals, fed my baby and put him down, grabbed my laptop and started listening to Train Your Brain and worked away at cleaning my kitchen and starting to cook. Even had Mr. Man help me out for a few seconds. He then decided out side was more fun then cleaning LOL

Because I got home late dinner was going to be at 7pm. We normally eat around 5:30/6 however today my husband was late getting home and it worked out perfectly! He came in just as I was finishing feeding the baby and while I was making the rice and finishing up some dishes... HE EMPTIED THE DISHWASHER.

Now here's the thing... Did I say thank you? I don't remember. I'm in shock because I usually have to ask him to help. And because I'm in a great mood I finished eating, packaged up the food and finished cleaning the kitchen while he laid on the couch. Normally this would royally piss me off but today I didn't care.

I LOVE this feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment