I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, an Independent Epircure Rep, accounting clerk, Mother and Wife! Full time job 24/7, I am learning to grow, share & love my way through life! Care to join me?

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Yummmmmmy!!!!!

When I was about a few days away even hours from having my second baby I was in a baking mode. Well I thought why not make whole wheat banana muffins. I have about 25 frozen banana's in my freezer! :D Anyways the receipe I have was not whole wheat but I thought I could figure it out myself. NOT! They were runny and WAY too much sugar in them. Back when I was in my early 20's I loved lots of sugar but not today!

I'm not sure why I was in the mood to bake and cook today but I was and so I did! lol

Because of my prior crappy muffin receipe I googled and found this one! They are a little small but VERY moist and fluffy!!!! Not very sweet but SO good!



Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
2 ripe bananas
1 large egg
3 Tbsp margarine/room temperature butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

1. Preheat your oven to 375 F ( 190 C).

2. In a bowl, mash your bananas well with a fork, add butter, sugar and vanilla. Create a small space for beating your egg in the very same bowl then mix with the rest (My Mixer was a big help here... I just dumped it all in and let it do the work!)

3. Mix dry ingredients together and add to the banana mixture. Mix until combined.

4. Spray muffin pan with oil spray and add mix evenly. Makes 12 small muffins, 6 large

5. Bake for 15-20 minutes (18 was a good time in my oven), until the edges look golden brown. Do not over bake or the muffins will dry up.

I made whole wheat pancakes earlier too and tonight Honey BBQ Ribs which are right now in my slow cooker smelling ohhhh so good!!!! Thankfully I had a salade for lunch! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment